Thursday, May 15, 2014

A missed port - Astoria, Oregon

While I was awake and reading in my cabin the Captain came on just before 7 AM to announce that due to tide, current conditions we would not be docking in Astoria and instead would spend the day at sea slowly working our way up the Washington coast and into the Strait of Juan De Fuca and then the final turn into the Straight of Georgia and arrive in Nanaimo as couple of hours early at 8AM tomorrow.

While I would have like to see Astoria again it isn't the end of the world for me.

As is the case where ports are missed extra events are added to the daily schedule - none appeal to me so I continued reading and finish off one novel and started on the second.

Tomorrow is Nanaimo and for me a visit to the Horne Lake Caves.

Cheers!

No comments: