Thursday, May 15, 2014

A day at sea Wednesday May 14, 2014

After the hectic pace I set upon myself in San Francisco it was nice to enjoy a sunny and warm sea day.

I continued to read a novel that I had brought from home and at 11AM attended a cruise critic meet and greet in the One Five lounge - there were about 20 us there and we spent the next 30 or so minutes getting to know each other.

I was able to help some of them who haven't been to Vancouver by answering there questions and about docking at Ballantyne Pier and not Canada Place.

Then it was onto a pub lunch in then Crown Grille - had my usual fish and chips.

Then up to deck 14 and the ice carving demonstration.

After supper took in the welcome party in the Piazza where the Captain formally welcomed us on board and a bevy of balloons were released to the throng of people on the dance floor. The band playing at this event had us rocking with lots of 50 and 60's music and that would continue later in the Explorer's lounge.

Also got our instruction about customs in Nanaimo - form filled out in advance so not a long process there.

Off to bed and tomorrow Astoria.

Cheers!

No comments: