Sunday, February 1, 2009






Yesterday the sun came out and I once again got on the bike and went for a ride - the photos you see here are of the Olympic Athletes Village building on the south east shore of False Creek - mired in controversy this project is part of a larger redevelopment of the lands in this area - while I go by the project fairly often the sun is often blocking or obscuring the views - there was just enough cloud cover yesterday to hide the sun but still provide enough light for fairly good photo opportunities. The pictures show the project starting at its western end near the Cambie bridge and then heading eastward to its end at Ontario street with one final view from the walk way at Science World.

Later last night I attended a Chinese New Year's party - over a 100 people and lots of food to eat - I was born in the year of the Pig - if there reading of things is correct I am in for a tough year - financially, health and general living. I was also pleasantly surprised to see my first immigrant host there with his family so I spent a fair amount of time with them.

As for today - just tiding up things and checking the packing list to make sure that I haven't forgotten anything for the trip.

The main picture on the blog is a scene from Great Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas where I visited on my last cruise in November.

On the home front - the locker project is finished but I won't be here for the allocation of them so when I return I could get stuck with one of the upper ones - wouldn't be to bad if I didn't have a number of larger and heavier items + may need some sort of a ladder to really get into them.

Later today gonna head out to the Legion to join Tom, Walter and some others to watch the Super Bowl and I am taking Pittsburgh to win - there defense should hold off Arizona's offense.

More later

Cheers

D

No comments: