Saturday, February 7, 2009


For the second part of my day I retraced my steps back down to the riverside - found the walkway that I can use as a short cut to the cruise terminal tomorrow - then headed for the ferry "Thomas Jefferson" and the short five minute trip over to the town of Algiers.

After you get off the ferry the levee that is suppose to hold back the water from the River has been renamed the Walk of Jazz Hall of fame - any one know who the good looking guy in the picture is - answer in my next post.

The area around the ferry terminal is a historical district with lots of restored houses - here are a couple of them.

After touring this little part of New Orleans I headed back on the ferry to the downtown core and took in the French Quarter, Bourbon street and a pre Mardi Gras parade - more on that in the next post.

Cheers

D

No comments: