Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm am too tired and fatigued after two days on the train to do a full report so here is a repost of my comments to some of my cruising buddies on cruise critic.

I made it! Arrived just about on schedule this afternoon and then walked the short six or so blocks to the hotel where the internet is working fine and then it was off for a rekkie of Bourbon St - it sure is something and the idea of being able to legally walk down the street with a beer in your hand and not get arrested is something.

In Los Angeles I never made it to Hollywood as I started walking through the downtown core and came upon the civic theaters like the Disney Hall and Dorothy Chandler Pavilion before heading to the El Pueblo historic district next to Union Station.

Then it was onto the train and the most memorable stop was San Antonio where we had three hours so I toured the area around the Station - being late evening I didn't want to venture too far from the train station which is a pity because I found out from the station manager a half hour before I had to re-board that the Alamo was only 4 blocks away and not the 1.5 miles that someone else told me.

More of the story and some pictures tomorrow

Cheers

Dennis

No comments: