Tuesday, December 2, 2008


Well it was dry this morning so I got on the bike and did the False Creek loop - over the Burrard Bridge, down Cypress to the seaside bike trail and then followed it all the way to Science World passing the Olympic Athlete's village and the nice new seawall there.

After a quick lunch at Burger King it was back on the bike and the westward ride on the north side of False Creek to Hornby St and then up Hornby to the apartment.

It was a pleasant 12 Km of riding and the weather was quite nice.

Last Sunday I went for a drive out the valley - the weather was soggy - light rain but I did stop and take in Cliff Falls in Kanaka Creek Park in Maple Ridge - it's just a short 10 minute walk from the parking area to the Falls which are really flowing at this time.

The second stop was at the Railway trail head on Hayward Lake - have driven by a number of times but have never stopped and explored - so I grabbed the umbrella and walked the first 2 kms of the mostly level trail to get an idea for a longer bike/walk in the future. The image at the top is of some of the old railway trestle that used to run along the lake.

Took the Albion ferry across to the south side of the river and then home.

Tomorrow is Larry's - that's my brother- 60th birthday so I will be treating him to lunch and then in the evening there is a wind up volunteer party for those who helped the Arthur Griffiths by-election campaign - while Arthur didn't win it was a fun campaign to have been associated with - chance to renew some friendships and perhaps gain some more - I am sure that the mess in Ottawa will probably come up and it could be quite a discussion as there are people from all the major parties that volunteered for Arthur.

I am also starting to think about my excursions for my next cruise which is slated for February out of New Orleans. Also need to book Amtrak so that should keep me busy for a day or two.

More later

Cheers

No comments: