Thursday, September 18, 2008

Have gotten a little lazy and haven't posted for a couple of days but there are a few things to report.

Some of the great folks on Cruise Critics are actually visiting this site to get a good look at me from my mug shot at the top of the page.

I will be doing a little bit of part time work over the next 3 weeks - I have signed on to work with Elections Canada in my riding - it is on call work - right now they have 93,000 voter registration cards to have the labels attached and mailed.

Later I will be working on the advance poll and then the entire election day which is Oct 14, 2008 here in Canada.

This will be a different experience for me as for the better part of the last 40 years I have usually worked for a political party which is volunteer vs this which is paid.

I probably will use the extra money for some extra excursions on the Dawn cruise.

Saturday I have to get up at 5:30 so I can get down to Canada Place to catch a bus to Seattle to catch the Norwegian Star for an overnight cruise to back to Vancouver.

I have been getting out on the new bike - starting to really enjoy it - especially not having any pain after riding - stopped into the physio's office to report my progress and told him about the new bike and better riding as he stated that a lot of people end up needing physio after bike riding.

Also dropped off my supporting documents for the insurance claim for the bike.

Will need to phone a few people re the FOYP work party - would like to have a full crew in place by mid-week at the latest as I will be heading up to Kelowna next week with Jim, Bruce and a bunch of others for a fall let's get out of town party.

Also need to get in touch with my financial planner to see if she recommends any changes to my portfolio in light of the stock market performance the last little while.

That's it for now

Dennis

No comments: