Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A lull between the storms Nov 17, 2009

The last two days here in Vancouver have been very wet, windy and warm but there was a lull in the storms today so I went for a longer walk along the Seawall to near the Sylvia hotel and then turned and headed for Lost Lagoon and the entrance to the Park - then up Robson for a bite to eat - then the gym and finally home.

My doctor wants me to step up the intensity of my exercise and lose some weight in an attempt to try and negate the onset of Type 2 Diabetes. It also means a change in eating habits some of which I have already started. I was also down 3 lbs on the scales today - too early to tell if that is a true indicated that the increased exercise and healthier eating are factors in the weight loss.

A tree by the Aquatic Center

Vancouver's AIDS memorial near Sunset beach.


Bandstand at English Bay.

Willow trees at Lost Lagoon.


Another view of Lost Lagoon.


One final one.


Street art at Robson and Bute.

Tree at Robson Square with art gallery in the background.

The rain is starting up again so it time to sit back and get the TV remote out and see what is on tonight.

Cheers

Dennis

No comments: