Thursday, September 24, 2009

Canucks pre season game against St Jose Sharks Sept 23, 2009

Last night I had a chance to take in the Canucks pre-season game against the St Jose Sharks - my seat was seven rows up behind the Canucks net - only had my Blackberry with me so the images aren't all the great.


Giant scoreboard

The game went to a shootout - here I believe San Jose scored on Luongo. It was the only one that he allowed in the shootout.

This was a save and the Canucks prevailed by scoring on the next attempt at the other end of the rink.

Customary scene of players spilling onto to ice to congratulate the goalie for stopping the pucks in the shootout.

While they named Luongo as the first star I thought the best player on the ice was #21 Mason Raymond who appears to rounding himself into a good second to third line player. He's a little small but has quick speed and doesn't seem to be bothered that much by the heavy hitting that goes with the game.

Thought our prize Junior Cory Hogdson looks tentative and afraid to mix it up and he started with a couple of good line mates.

More later

Cheers

Dennis

No comments: