Sunday, September 20, 2009

INDIAN ARM VIEWPOINT REVISTED SEPT 20, 2009

Feeling a bit more chipper I headed over to the North Shore to do a little short hike or walk - one of my favorites is a section of the Baden - Powell trail from Indian River Rd down towards its eastern terminus at Deep Cove. It is only about a km to a great viewpoint of Indian arm and across to Belcarra and south to Burnaby.

I started from the trail head where the BP trail crossed Indian River Rd in North Vancouver.

The trail has been updated over the years and some of the steeper sections have been replaced with proper stairs.

Your first views come from a hydro transmission platform and from there it is a two minute walk down to the lookout - here you are looking across towards Belcarra.

The viewpoint was busy - lots of folks had hiked up some 2 km from Deep Cove to get these views - here you are looking down on Deep Cove.

Just some of the people who were at the lookout today - many times when I visit this spot I have it to myself but not today.

_____________________________________________________________

As for the cruise photos - I am looking at a different blog for them - they get lost on here and I am also using up quite a bit of my allotted space.

Found one blog but they don't seem to have a photo re-sizing feature - most of my images are 10 MP so they display large but I have another blog that I am going to check and might just end up using it or I can also get another here if I use a different e-mail address. Stay tuned.

Cheers

Dennis

No comments: