Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Strathcona Park - Paradise Meadows June 5, 2009

I find that I am able to drive the standard although it is slow shifting as I don't have a lot of mobility in my hands - I know some reading this post probably think I am nuts and you are probably not far off the mark but when has sanity being one of my strong suites.

I finally make it up to the Paradise Meadows parking lot at Mt Washington and start out along the Meadows trail until I come to a junction - continue with the meadows loop or head towards Helen MacKenzie Lake - I choose the latter as it is a rekkie and I have done the meadows before - I soon meet two gals who were doing the Battleship - Helen MacKenzie loop - they suggested that I should give it a try and I started to do it but when my turn around time came I wasn't at the Lake and wasn't sure how much further it was.

By now the trauma of the spill was wearing off and the real pain was beginning and I wanted to hit a walk in clinic before they close for the day so I turned around and headed back to my truck.











I take the slower Oceanside Hwy #19A route back - stop at the Visitor's bureau in Qualicum Beach for info on walk in clinics and are advised that it didn't open until after the other doctor's offices close and that would be 5PM so I went back to the campsite and rested before heading to the clinic - took me a few minutes of find it - the directions given by the tourist guy were good - after checking in and being told it was a good 90 minute wait I head out for a bite to eat - found a fish and chip place called Yorkies - as in Yorkshire - where I had a piece of fish and chips - it was excellent - returned to the clinic and waited in the office for my name to be called. Won't repost the results - they are in the previous post.

Tomorrow - the Friends of Yellowpoint Lodge Director's meeting and BBQ - the latter I might skip if I don't feel too great.

Cheers

Dennis

No comments: