Sunday, December 13, 2009

First taste of winter and more Christmas scenes Sunday December 13, 2009

It starting snowing lightly as I was about to head our for a walk for a little shopping and lunch.

Took along my point and shot camera to see what I might get in the line of snow shots.

The "old" theatre row on Granville was my first opportunity because there are no cars or buses running you get a chance to see the snow accumulate on the roadway.

Then it was onto to Pacific Center Mall where I realized that the annual Festival of Trees is held on the upper level of the Mall and in the lobby of the adjacent Four Seasons Hotel.

Outside once again I visit the site of the Vancouver Christmas tree and Olympic countdown clock at the Vancouver Art Gallery.

T
his evening at 6PM PST we will reach the 60 day countdown.

Then it is onto to the Royal Bank - one of the main
sponsors of the Torch Relay and the art deco they have put up on their main headquarters building at Georgia andBurrard.

Finally a look at the art work at the
CTV building at Robson andBurrard - they are the official broadcaster to the Games.

Then it was off home.

Cheers

D












No comments: