Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas on Granville Island and a little politics December 14, 2009

Last night I had the chance to venture over to Granville Island to partake in my MLA Mary McNeill first annual Xmas party - it is the first because she was only elected in May - she is also the Minister responsible for the Olympics - it was my first time to see and talk to her since election night as she has been very busy with all the Olympic themed events going on in town.

It was also a chance to renew friendships with some of her campaign team you are now working for her.

I took the ferry across False Creek with snow falling and with the intent of taking a number of photos of Granville Island decked out in Christmas colors but I forgot to check my battery level and was only able to capture the bottom two images before they died.

After the function and a few free beers I headed back to the ferry but saw the Ocean Cement truck all decked out and snapped it and the first image with my Blackberry.

Then it was off to the Big Ones to do a little computer work for him.

Cheers

D




No comments: