Saturday, September 5, 2015

Upcoming cruise

In two weeks I will once again be back at sea - doing a 10 day Alaskan cruise starting in Seattle and ending up in Vancouver.

I will take the train down to Seattle and stay overnight - hope to meet up with Hazel who lives in the area and do a little exploring and then have dinner somewhere.

Next day board the Norwegian Jewel and join up with a group called the Cruzin Cuzins - I know some of them from previous cruises and they were on my Boston to New Orleans repo cruise last year.

The port of call will be Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka, Icy Strait Point and Victoria.

I have been to all of these ports except Icy Strait - although it as been many years since I was in Sitka.

This is one of the last Alaskan cruise of the season and hopefully the weather won't be too bad.

Regardless with all the volunteer work I have done the last few months including almost 100 hours in August I will be glad to be able to take a step back and relax.

I haven't booked any excursions partly because NCL unlike Princess requires payment at time of booking and partly with the Canadian $$ in the tank it has added an additional 30 % to the cost so I am likely to just do things on my own.

Weather permitting I want to return to the Mendenhall Glacier and do the short hike to Nugget Falls - about 1 mile from the Visitor's Center.

While I have brought up the suitcase and printed off the packing list I haven't really started to put anything into it.

More later.

D

No comments: