Wednesday, August 29, 2012

LA repo cruise plans

Well it is less than a month until I board the Norwegian Jewel for the 5 days down the Pacific Coast to LA.

There are two port visits - Astoria, Oregon where I will venture with my friends Cliff and Adele as we rent a car for the day and head down the coast to visit Seaside, Cannon Beach and the Haystack rocks - they also want to see Ft. Clatsop and Ft Stevens so it will be a full day - it has been a few years since I have been down that way so it will be nice to revisit it especially after being unable to last year do to very stormy seas that prevented any ships from docking in Astoria.

Our second port is San Francisco - that is where Cliff and Adele reside - well close by - we will be visiting Alcatraz - my first visit in about 30 years + then to an In and Out burger place for lunch before winding up the day riding the cable cars.

While on board and because I have platinum status on NCL - I will have a bottle of wine to consume - and free dinner in one of the restaurants - a captain reception and a tour of the ship + a few of us have birthdays or anniversaries to celebrate.

In Los Angeles or more correctly San Pedro I will have a few hours to kill before boarding a bus to Bakersfield and connecting there on the train that will meet up with the north bound Coast Starlighter in Sacramento around midnight.

I arrive back home a year older as I will celebrate my 65th birthday on the train and that evening will celebrate that occasion with some friends at the Keg.

Cheers

No comments: