Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall colors ride to Vancouver's Trout Lake Oct 27, 2009

The sun is out and so it is outdoors for me today - I had already planned in my mind that if the weather was good I would get out on the bike and head for Trout Lake - located on the east side of the City.

So I crossed over the Burrard Street Bridge - turned left up on to the Cypress bike route and then left again at 10th Ave which I followed east bound I reached the Mosaic route and a quick right onto it and then a left to its end at Trout Lake.

There was this grove of trees near the northern end of the Park that stood out for their beauty - there were a number of others photographing them as well.






Leaving Trout Lake I head out on the BC Parkway to its junction with the Central Valley Greenway which I follow back into downtown Vancouver and its terminus near Science World.

There is more beauty as I bike this route and stop for lunch at the Burger King on Main Street.





From my lunch spot I pick up the Seaside route and follow it westbound until I reach Hornby where I turn right and climb a couple of blocks back to my condo.

I did about 20.1 KM and the nice thing about the ride was that except for couple of blocks at the start and finish it was all done on dedicated bike routes in the City.

Hope you have enjoy this photo essay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well the Maple Leafs finally won a game so they have gone back to planning the parade down Younge St in July.

Meanwhile the Canucks who are improving each game out are up against the Detroit Red Wings who despite a somewhat slow start are still a dangerous team.

Cheers

D

No comments: