Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A ride to Trout Lake and the Central Valley Greenway

The new Y Nanook Center and first view of Trout Lake.

Dennis at south end of Trout Lake.

Skytrain and a view of downtown Vancouver from the Grandview Cut and finally a city view from Clarke and Great Northern Way - notice the fresh snow on the North Shore Mountains


HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY TO ONE AND ALL - as one who has Irish heritage in my maternal family roots this was always a big day in the
household when I was growing up.

Today as the weather started to clear I decided to go for a bike ride out to Trout Lake in East Vancouver - using a number of the city's bike ways I passed the site of the new YMCA Nanook Early Child Care center being completed at 10th and Clark in Vancouver - it will officially be named the Bob and Kay Ackles YMCA Nanook Center - Bobby was instrumental in raising the 3+ Million $$ needed for the project.

I then continued east along the 10th Avenue Bike Way until it met with the Mosaic route which I followed into Trout Lake.

One reason why I am putting my own picture in many of these posts is to dispell any rumors that I sit at home and surf the net all day.

Leaving Trout Lake I follow the BC Parkway and the nearly completed new section of the Central Valley Greenway.

The CVG is a low level route that will take one from downtown Vancouver, through Burnaby and into Sapperton in New West.

The City has basically widen the sidewalk on Great Northern Way until you get to Prince Edward then turns down to 1st Avenue - you will eventually cross Main Street at 1st Ave and then proceed onto the existing Seaside route. all tha tis needed is a light at Main Street - the remainder of the route is finished.

From there it home following the Seaside route til Drake and the short climb to Hornby and home.

Cheers

D



No comments: