Tuesday, May 19, 2020

One of my intents with this blog was to use it for my cruises - with my cruises cancelled until this time next year and with the realization that as I age the number of long distance train trips to the east coast or New Orleans for cruising are coming to an end plus the travel fund is nearly exhausted I am going to change the emphasis of this blog.

Since moving to the Newton area of Surrey two years ago I have spent a fair amount of time exploring many of the more than 200 parks in the City.

Unlike the parks in Vancouver which - with the exception of Stanley Park and Pacific Spirit - are more developed many of those here in Surrey are preserved as natural areas with streams, forests etc still intact.

I have been visiting a lot of them during our current stay close to home message and posting pictures etc on my Facebook page.

While I will continue to do that I will be posting a more detailed write up of the actual visit to the park and some photos explaining the various features of the park.

So look for this write ups soon.

As always - Cheers and happy trails to you until we meet again.

Stay safe everyone.

No comments: