Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Take me out to the ball game or Dennis' return to the Nat - Monday June 22, 2009

One of the perks for working the Dragon Boat races was a free ticket to see our Rookie A league baseball team the Vancouver Canadians play at Nat Bailey Stadium.

I haven't been to a game at the Nat since Triple AAA ball left a few years ago. A couple of years ago the team was purchased by a couple of successful local businessmen and they also got a long term operating contract for the stadium which is owned by the Parks Board - they have lovingly restore and refurbished the grand old gal. Don't know if you can see the A&W mug out in the outfield in any of the images but that is the business that one of the owners heads here in Vancouver.









It is only the third game of the season and many of the players for both teams were right out of high school or college - it is a development league so you don't expect anything to great to happen.

The Canadians were playing the Everett Aqua Socks who are affiliated with the Seattle Mariners - the game was won by Vancouver 7 -1

As I had rode my bike up I left after the seventh inning stretch as I wanted to get home before it got too dark.

I enjoyed the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I took a little drive out Langley way and took in a free crossing of the new Golden Ears Bridge - it sure is a nice connection across the Fraser - while I will miss the Albion ferry I won't miss the 45 - 60 minute wait to cross.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things are starting to come along for the Alaska Cruise - final payment has been made - edocs from NCL printed off - round trip bus fare to Seattle purchased - just looking at some excursions now - my friend Marla is working on the Meet and Greet with the Cruise coordinator.

There are somewhere around 45 people on-line who are taking the same cruise - the trick is to get them all to attend the event - usually we get about a 50% turn out.

That's all for now

Cheers

Dennis

No comments: